OK, friends, I could use your help again with content for my Song of the Ocarina novel. My heroine Lark has two bodyguards, Leif and Sonny, who Roshambo to decide who must carry Lark’s shopping packages. They each smack their palm twice and, on the third beat, open into a representative hand symbol. What symbols/hand gestures would these Noble Fae use?
In the U.S. we use these:
- Rock (breaks scissors) with fist
- Paper (covers rock) with flat palm
- Scissors (cuts paper) with middle and index fingers extended like a peace sign
- My characters reside within the country of Zealynd (on a different plane, but the same geographical location as New Zealand in the human realm).
- The fae are attuned to nature, magic, and animals.
- They are influenced by the Maori culture.
So, maybe my fae could use fern leaves, daggers and stones? Or something more creative? What can you suggest?
In the comments below, suggest a set of symbols and hand gestures for my fae to use for this game in the realm of Delfaerune. If I use your suggestion, I’ll include your name in the Acknowledgements page of my published novel. 🙂
fist with thumb up=tree
two fingers curved=’bunny ears’ creature ears…
thumb and forefinger in oval (kinda like holding a guitar pick)=leaf
tree houses creature
creature eats leaf
leaf tops tree
This is so cool, Larue!!! Perfect! Thank you.