One of my favorite things about writing the Delfaerune Rhapsody Trilogy is involving you in its creation. I’m asking readers’ input on certain scenes in the books. If you respond to one of my requests and I end up using it, I’ll credit your contribution in my “Acknowledgements” when the book is published. Those not used, I’ll add to the contributors page here on my blog.
Here are two areas for which I already need input:
1. A song to add to the heroine Lark’s iPod. I need a song of hope, but with a beat my character can walk to in a not-too-hurried rhythm. Give me a suggestion to fit into this excerpt:
“The entrance to the main path rewarded visitors to the garden with a stunning overview of the grounds. The mirror-like pond at the focal point, today reflected the fluffy clouds and blue sky. Several pebbly paths leading off into various sections of the garden broke between the flowerbeds and willow trees hugging the edge of the water.
“Nobody wandered the garden in plain sight, so Lark took a moment to plug in to her iPod. “SONG NAME” by SO-AND-SO spoke to her hopeful mood this morning. She allowed the music to set her rhythm, and walked around the pond and up a couple of the paths, expecting to run into B’rook at any turn.”
Thanks to those who already suggested songs on my Facebook post. If you want to add something new, please comment and makes sure to provide:
- Full song name
- Who performed/composed it
- Description or even a few adjectives about the song, describing why it will work in this scene
- Your name, or how you’d like to be identified in the blog or book
- Your geographic location
(Just so you know, I may use your contact info provided via the comment to communicate with you about the book, but will not publicize it, or use it for any other reason.)
2. A recipe for my vegetarian fae to enjoy during a banquet. Please post your recipe comment to this request in my existing blog entry on this topic.
I will ask for your additional suggestions when needed as I’m writing, so stay tuned.
Ann Narcisian Videan
Write • Edit • Self-publish • Word-of-mouth