While my family visited Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, we spent quite a it of time in Downtown Coeur d’Alene, the lively little town which sets the scene for more than half of my Rhythms & Muse novel.
In addition to its most beautiful City Beach at the west end of downtown, Cd’A’s seven-block main street, aka Sherman Ave., offers a plethora of great experiences:
- Hudson’s Hamburgers, with it’s 100-year legacy, is a destination for the most delicious, juicy burgers worldwide!
(I very much regret I couldn’t find a good way to include Hudson’s iin Rhythms & Muse. Those burgers are one of my favorite reasons for visiting Cd’A. A point of interest: the Hudson family, including current proprietors Steve and Todd, lived next to my family in Fairway Hills the entire time I lived up there.)
- Calypsos Coffee & Creamery, a great coffee venue right off Sherman on Lakeside Ave., where I held my book signing.
- A number of charming retail shops, including:
- Gallery Northwest, filled with lovely unique artwork crafted by local artists
- Summers Glass gorgeous dichroic glass jewelry and art, beads, and more
- Possibilities wine and gift-basket shop
- Coeur d’Alene Chocolates, a family-owned shop with the most beautifully delicious treats I’ve ever seen.
- The Coeur d’Alene Resort, a lovely destination towering over the north end of Lake Cd’A right at the foot of downtown, with a marina and one of the largest boardwalks in the world. It’s connected via skywalk to an indoor shopping mall featuring mid-to-high-end restaurants and shops.
I’ll be doing future posts to provide additional details on some of these distinctive hot spots, so watch the blog.
Do you have a Cd’A story or photo to share? Comment below, or send your .jpg image to me at email@example.com and I’ll post it in the future.
Rhythms & Muse novel and music CD:
- Novel available at my CreateSpace novel eStore (best value to author) and Amazon.com (convenient).
- Music CD and MP3 files available via my CreateSpace CD eStore and on Amazon.com. Amazon also provides audio samples of each track.