Here are the last trivia questions based on cultural references from my Rhythms & Muse novel. See how many you know.
22. What 1927 prose by Max Ehrmann ends with, “Be cheerful. Strive to be happy?”
23. What daily newspaper was the second-largest metropolitan newspaper in circulation in the United States in 2008?
24. What museum with three locations in greater Los Angeles exhibits primarily American and European contemporary art created since 1940?
25. What Revlon fragrance personified the independent woman of the 1970s, and was the first perfume ad to feature a woman wearing pants?
26. What American singer, songwriter, and pianist wrote more than two dozen chart hits for numerous artists during the 1960s, many of which have become standards? Hint: She had a recurring role as a music-store owner in the 1990s’ Gilmore Girls TV series.
27. What Apple product, according to PC World has “altered the landscape for portable audio players?”
28. One of the most popular American singers of the 20th century, this cultural icon is often referred to as “The King.”
Answers in comments below.
You can find these and more cultural references in my Rhythms & Musenovel and music CD: