Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Vinyl Rush Café
Downtown Mesa, AZ
Perks (what I really like!)
- Music theme. You know I am going to love any place that embraces music, right? [Adore.]
- Courtyard seating. A cute, narrow courtyard between the rows of small businesses in the building.
- Intimate setting. “Side A:” the coffee bar where you order your goodies, and “Side B:” a room across the courtyard where you can sit, chat and listen to music away from the sounds of blenders and counter chatter.
- Album clocks. The owners decorated with lots of charming music paraphernalia, including a large collection of vinyl record album covers—33s and 45s—which they’ve turned into clocks.
Share a cuppa (the stories about the owner, building, history, name)
Missy, one of the owners, is both a coffee and music lover. She and her coffee partner bring you 38 years in the restaurant, hotel, and retail industry. At Vinyl Rush, they roast their own coffee beans, favoring full-bodied, medium-dark to dark roast styles. Just be ready for it!
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Fresh roasted coffee
- Espresso drinks
- Hot teas (a nice selection)
- Pastries and bagels
The Grind (what I would change)
Not a thing. Just be prepared to enjoy your goodies in a close, intimate setting.
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
If you want your own album clock, they’ll make one for you. Each is custom designed with the time movement and hands placed creatively to compliment the cover image. http://vinylrushcafe.com/clocks/
The Grounds (location)
Downtown Mesa, AZ
40 N. Macdonald Street
Mesa, AZ 85201
Tea Times (hours)
Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
4 stars (62 reviews)
Who recognizes the symbol under their “Vinyl Rush Cafe” signs?