Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Pink Spot Coffee and Ice Cream
Perks (what I really like!)
- Uh … coffee, tea AND ice cream! What’s not to love?
- Fresh food, made to order, and inexpensive.
- The “chill” environment
- Free wi-fi
- The staff provides input on everything they do, from ice cream flavors to sandwich types.
Share a cuppa (the stories)
When the space next to their healthy, organic Zpizza location opened up four years ago, former attorney Julie Kossak and hi-tech sales exec Mark Wheeler got excited to bring something unique to the downtown Phoenix Willo District where they live and work. The husband and wife team considering what type of place was missing in the neighborhood and decided it was ice cream. Oh, and what goes great with ice cream all day long? Coffee! And, what do people need with their coffee? Yummy food!
The name originated with their daughter’s love of the color, and represented the fun, happy ambiance they hoped to create. Vîola! Pink Spot was born.
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Ice cream and frozen yogurt
– Hand made from Karen Kreamery especially for Pink Spot, the gourmet, super premium (16% butterfat) ice cream includes 16 standards like chocolate, mint chip and coffee. But you can also go adventurous with a few unique rotating flavors like pear and Gorgonzola, or lavender.
- Tea, and coffee roasted locally and specifically for Pink Spot by Coffee Roasters of Arizona
- Breakfast and brunch available all day long
– Made-to-order egg sandwiches, breakfast burritos, and fresh baked goods
– Greek yogurt and granola parfaits
– Vegetarian breakfast/lunch offerings and five delicious made-to-order
– Now, don’t forget the special pizza next door, either.
The Grind (what I would change)
I have one tiny issue with the noise level if you’re planning to have a meeting or serious conversation there. But, overall, the location is delightful.
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
Great place for:
- Parties (especially build-your-own sundae types of gatherings)
The Grounds (location)
49 W. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85013
Tea Times (hours)
M–F: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sa.–Su.: 8 a.m.to 10 p.m.
Yelp rating: 4 stars (77 reviews)