I’m trying an abbreviated, more bulleted, style compared to previous entries.
What do you think? Easier to read? Do let me know.
Today’s Cup o’ Tea
The Grove Coffee, celebrating its one-year anniversary in August 2011.
Perks (what I really like!)
- Lovely environment!
- Exceptional general manager/barista: Lawrence Jarvey
- Quiet and peaceful
- Local art featured and creation encouraged
- Pass-through fireplace from outside to inside
- All proceeds go to local and global outreach programs
- The philosophy of the Grove Bible Church is “Love God. Grow Together. Serve the World.” This is an embraceable concept!
Share a cuppa (the stories)
General manager Lawrence is a former-golf-pro-turned-coffee-shop-general-manager/barista, and an injury-healing Truth seeker.
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Fresh roasted coffee. (Until August 2011, Grove Coffee brewed Cartel Coffee, a Tempe roaster’s. Now Lawrence roasts coffee beans onsite.)
- A few teas
- A few pastries
The Grind (what I would change)
Maybe more food options, but otherwise, not a thing. The calm, supportive energy in this place fully feeds the soul!
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
- Art classes
- Music performances
- Gorgeous patio (parents can sip a cuppa while watching kiddos in the adjacent playground)
The Grounds (location)
This beautiful destination sits next to a pistachio grove, the home of The Grove Bible Church:
2777 S. Gilbert Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Tea Times (hours)
M–F 6:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
S-S 8 a.m.–1 p.m.