Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Global Tea Mart – Chandler, AZ
I discovered a new lovely gift shop and tea room in Phoenix’s East Valley, and I’m so excited about it!
Share a Cuppa (pertinent details about the owner, building, history, name)
Global Tea Mart (GTM) owners Diane and Dean Eddy’s tea shop has been around for a couple of years in Chandler, but they just expanded to offer several charming themed tea rooms in November 2017.
With certifications earned in various teas, their knowledge is only a question away. Go query them, find the perfect tea accessories, and enjoy the experience that is tea.
Perks (what I really like!)
- The themed rooms, both spacious and cozy versions: Queen Victoria Room, Charles Dickens’ Room, the Music Room, etc. If you want a tea event—Wed.–Sun. 11 a.m.–2 p.m.— 48-hour advance reservations are required.
- Their delightful tea gift shop, where you’ll find teas, books, and wares to satisfy even the heartiest of tea aficionados.
- Their comprehensive and information Web site, even including a State of Mind tea game to introduce you to the perfect tea to fit your current mood.
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Your favorite teas from around the world.
- Buy your choice of tea in the gift shop, order it online, or experience it in one of the themed rooms.
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
- Diane Eddy, Certified Tea Professional, leads tea classes covering everything from “Pairing Tea With Chocolates” to the “Japanese Tea Ceremony.” She invites you to learn the origins and history of fine tea, and to see, smell and taste the differences between teas.
The Grind (what I would change)
!Nada¡ I really enjoyed my experience at Global Tea Mart and cannot wait to go back. Give me an excuse, friend…
The Grounds (location)
991 S Alma School Rd #5
Chandler, AZ 85248
Promenade At Fulton Ranch
Tea Times (hours)
Yelp rating: 5 stars from 4 reviews
I love connecting people and ideas, so I’ve been creating small villages my entire life. Really, what better places can writers and musicians find to create “village” than independent coffee/tea shops? I wrote most of my Rhythms & Muse novel and Delfaerune Rhapsody series-in-progress in coffee/tea venues, so I found it natural to create this blog. Whether you came here to find a new favorite hangout, or suggest a spot not yet not posted, may you find Coffee CommuniTea exactly to your taste!