Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Cultured Cafe—Flagstaff, AZ
Perks (what I really like!)
- A great tea selection, not to mention special coffee concoction, and the self-serve frozen yogurt bar!
- The décor… how did they manage to pull off a comfy industrial mountain theme? Apparently, through the creative brilliance of “owner Kelly, who combined the influences of mountain lodges with olde-world flare and a twist of lime.”
- Free wi-fi
- Varied seating, from large meeting tables and high bar tables to comfy couches
- A fireplace to cut the chill.
- A piano in the upstairs loft. Love!
Share a Cuppa (the stories)
Per, the Web site, “Owners Kelly and Jesse found themselves craving frozen yogurt in middle of the Flagstaff winter, but wanting to enjoy it in the inviting warmth and ambiance of mountain coffee shop. Combining the creativity and creamy goodness of self-serve frozen yogurt with a full specialty coffee house seemed so natural.”
It just feels natural and comfy, too.
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Nice, loose-tea selection, complete with your own brewing tray, tea steeping carafe, teapot, teacup, honey pitcher, and tiny spoon.
- Specialty coffee, “every cup carefully prepared to exacting standards.”
- Truly cultured yogurts, “artfully produced and Certified Live and Active with 5 active culture strain and 3 probiotics in your cup.” Now you know fro-yo can be healthy!
The Grind (what I would change)
No complaints here.
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
Get Cultured on Fridays with its “Coffee Q” and explore a variety of coffee origins and preparation methods, complete with free tastings.
The Grounds (location)
319 West Regent St.
Tea Times (hours)
Mon-Sat: 7am – 11pm
Sun: 8am – 11pm
Yelp rating: 4 stars from 40 reviews