Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Solo Café Gourmet Coffee & Tea House
Perks (what I really like!)
- A whole wall full of loose-leaf tea selections
- Delicious hazelnut mocha latte
- Super friendly barista/co-owner, Chad
- Edgy artwork
- Lots of comfy seating, inside and out, giving the place a homey feel
Share a cuppa (the stories about the owner, building, history, name)
My research turned up little marketing material online or otherwise for patrons to discover more details about this hot spot. They may not need it, as the shop was packed in the middle of a Wednesday afternoon, but I still would like to find more background on the place… (If you know more, please comment below.)
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Coffee drinks of all kinds
- Did I mention a whole wall of loose-leaf tea? Ahh!
- Pastries and snacks
The Grind (what I would change)
No decaf offered. This place must be for purists!
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cool little library with cushy seating
- Turntable and vinyl available for a listen
- Small TV with DVDs
- A community night for musicians on Wednesdays
The Grounds (location)
107 E Baseline Rd., #A-4
Tempe, AZ 85283
Tea Times (hours)
M–Sa 8 a.m.–9 p.m.
Su. 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Yelp rating: 4.5 stars