Today’s Cup o’ Tea
Calypsos Coffee & Creamery
Perks (what I really like!)
- Owner Maria was very accommodating and helpful for my book/music CD signing
- Fun, eclectic décor including local artists’ artwork
- Nooks and crannies with various seating types to accommodate groups and quiet conversations
- A raised platform for performances
- Free Wi-Fi
Share a cuppa (the stories)
Local natives the Jenicek family started the business with a desire to involve themselves with the downtown business district, and to work with people who share their love of coffee. I’d say they’ve succeeded!
What’s Brewing (coffee, tea, food)
- Coffee roasted on site (wholesale and retail)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering
- Ice cream (Yum!)
- Baked goods
The Grind (what I would change)
Not a thing. This is a very fun, comfortable hangout.
Percolation Factor (the activity/environment/energy/service)
- People coming in off Cd’A Lake, the City Beach and downtown shopping for a cool drink and some delicious food.
- Live music and open mic nights.
- Behind doors smart room for meeting rental.
Tea Times (hours)
M.–Th. 7 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
F. 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sa. 8 a.m.–9 p.m.
Su. 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Yelp rating: 4.5 stars